How do you ask someone to be a godparent?
Godparent Proposal Etiquette Tips
- Do include both of the godchild’s parents in the request.
- Do be gracious and understanding if someone declines.
- Don’t ask via text message, instant message, or email.
- Don’t have someone else, such as a minister, ask on your behalf.
- Don’t ask in a social media post.
Who do you normally ask to be godparents?
Godparents must be chosen by the parents or guardian and cannot be the child’s mother or father. They should also be at least 16 years old and must be an active member of the church who has received the sacraments of confirmation and communion.
What do you write in a godmother card?
As your Godparent, on your special day, I am honored and feel blessed to be a part of your future. For you, I’ll do my best. May the grace and blessings you receive from God, guide you throughout your life! I am honored and blessed to be your Godparent, and look forward to a special relationship with you!
Will you be godparents ideas?
Sentimental jewelry also make for great godparent gifts. Nothing says “will you be my godmother?” like a beautiful godparent bangle with touching sayings or sweet inscriptions and charms. If necklaces and chains are more their style, go with something simple but sweet or a dog chain they can wear around their neck.