How do I approach my boss about an issue?
Approach your boss when he or she is in a good place to have a productive discussion. Own it. Explain the situation, and be honest about how big of a problem it is, but don’t pawn the problem off. Do not make your problem their problem.
How do I ask for help at work?
Here are a few ways to increase your chances of getting help when you need it, without having your co-workers resent you.
- Help others often.
- Solve the problem on your own.
- Stay engaged with your helpers.
- Be precise in your ask.
- Ask for help quietly, but praise loudly.
- Find a solid resource.
What should you ask your boss?
Below are some valuable questions to ask your boss on a (fairly) regular basis.
- How am I doing?
- What type of training would you recommend for me to advance in my career?
- How would you have approached this project or situation?
- How are you doing at this moment?
- What’s your preference when it comes to communication?