How do I get my boss to let me work from home?
Here are seven suggestions to help you convince your boss the next time you make your case to work remotely:
- Arm yourself with data.
- Suggest a test.
- Present a plan.
- Take a working sick day.
- Offer options.
- Ramp up your productivity.
- Be patient.
Can I request to work from home?
There are many reasons why telecommuting can be beneficial for both employees and employers. Long commutes and scheduling issues can make remote work an appealing option. This initial written request may need to be followed by a formal application, forms, and documentation as required by your employer.
What is a good excuse to work from home?
The Best Excuses For When You Want To Work From Home
- Doctor’s Appointment. Duh.
- Dentist Appointment. If you use this one more than twice a year, everyone is going to think you have gnarly teeth.
- Car Troubles. Ah, one of my all-time favorites.
- House Work. This one is good.
- Family Emergency. What an all-time classic and perfect excuse.
- Vet Appointment.
- Sick Kids.
- Jury Duty.