How do you ask someone to be a god parent?
Godparent Proposal Etiquette Tips
- Do include both of the godchild’s parents in the request.
- Do be gracious and understanding if someone declines.
- Don’t ask via text message, instant message, or email.
- Don’t have someone else, such as a minister, ask on your behalf.
- Don’t ask in a social media post.
Will You Be My Godparent Card?
What’s the best way to ask someone to be your child’s godparent? By sending. We have a large selection of original ‘will you be my godmother’ and ‘will you be my godfather’ cards for you to choose from. And many of them can be personalised with the recipient’s name for a more personal touch.
What do you write in a godparent card?
As your Godparent, on your special day, I am honored and feel blessed to be a part of your future. For you, I’ll do my best. May the grace and blessings you receive from God, guide you throughout your life! I am honored and blessed to be your Godparent, and look forward to a special relationship with you!
Are godparents usually a couple?
Usually that persons wife or husband was considered a godparent but not really viewed as a godfather or godmother. Nowadays the modern parents decide they want to have 10 godfathers and godmothers for their children so they dont have to be a couple.