How does the Santa Muerte work?
Our Lady of Holy Death is a personification of death.
Unlike other saints who originated in Mexican folk religion, Santa Muerte is not, herself, seen as a dead human being.
She is associated with healing, protection, financial wellbeing, and assurance of a path to the afterlife.
How do you ask Santa Muerte for love?
Prayer to Santa Muerte to make someone love you
- My Dearest and Most Holy Saint Death, My Beloved Patron,
- Thanking you for all that you do, have done and go on doing for me, I ask you that, along with your love, you bring the love of (name of the desired person) to me as well.
How do you activate the Santa Muerte statue?
Candles help to focus worshiper concentration and act as a conduit so that Santa Muerte receives the prayers. Smoke blown, alcoholic drink spit out, and narcotics smeared on statues are thought to help activate them.
What do you offer the Santa Muerte?
Appendix B: Offerings and their Meanings
- Apples. A traditional offering of fruit.
- Beer. A popular intoxicant and well loved by Santa Muerte.
- Black Candle. A black candle offering is associated with Santa Muerte’s darker side and attributes.
- Blue Candle.