How do you pick a godparent?
Tips for choosing the godparents
- Choose someone who will stick around. Choosing your brother’s girlfriend of two weeks is not a good choice for a godmother because who knows if she’ll still be around in years to come.
- Make sure they’re a positive influence.
- Don’t choose for the wrong reasons.
- Be clear with expectations.
When should you ask godparents?
Most people wait until after their child is born, but some prefer to choose godparents during the pregnancy. If you’re planning a baptism or other formal ceremony for your new arrival, be sure to ask your godparents at least a few months in advance so that they have plenty of time to make arrangements to be attendance.
How can I be a good godmother?
The rules of being a good godparent
- Always buy great presents. The godparent who neglects their charge’s birthday and/or Christmas is a woeful guardian indeed.
- Be a power godparent. Exert your influence for the greater good.
- Be fun.
- Know your place.
- Actually take it seriously.