How do you politely ask an interview result?
The structure of your interview responses should include:
- Formal greeting and salutation (e.g. Dear Mr. / Ms.).
- Thank the recruiter or hiring manager for their time to interview you.
- Ask for interview status.
- Offer to answer any open questions or concerns they might have.
How do you ask if a hiring decision has been made?
Use these three guidelines to check-in with the hiring manager like a true professional:
- Adhere to the Timeline: The last thing you want to do is make a nuisance of yourself.
- Politely Ask if a Decision Has Been Made: The point of sending a follow-up message is to find out if you are still in running for the job.
How long should you wait after an interview to follow up?
General rules of thumb to follow up after a job interview:
If no timeline or sense of next steps is given upon exiting the interview, allow at least 4-5 business days (a week) before following up, as it’s likely that they are interviewing additional candidates and haven’t yet made a decision.
How do you write a follow up email after an interview?
How to write a follow up email after phone interview?
- Thank them for their time and interest.
- Emphasize your interest. Be as specific as possible: say what parts of the job excite you and why.
- Enclose your resume and a cover letter to explain your motivation and outline your key selling points.
- Keep it short.