How do I ask a company for relocation assistance?
Ask for help
Don’t assume your company will offer enough relocation assistance – or any, for that matter.
Just like in your career, you have to ask for what you want, and that includes all of the services and compensation you’ll need for your move.
Know that moving can be very expensive.
What should I ask for in a relocation package?
What to Ask For When Negotiating a Relocation Package
- Preliminary Visits.
- Packing, Moving & Unpacking Services.
- Temporary Housing & Storage.
- Assistance with Selling Your House or Breaking Your Lease.
- Job Search Support for Your Significant Other.
How much is a typical relocation package?
“An average relocation package costs $21,033. (Figure 16) While smaller companies, in general, provide less valuable packages – averaging $10,971 – there are exceptions. Some small companies offer highly competitive packages.
How do you ask for salary negotiation in email?
Here’s how to negotiate your salary over email
- Step 1: Thank the employer for the offer. The hiring manager needs to know that you’re genuinely excited and grateful to take this offer.
- Step 2: State your counteroffer.
- Step 3: Back yourself up.
- 7 self-care habits you should develop at work.