How do I request a read receipt in Gmail Android app?
Choose your recipient, type message and finally click on Attachments icon from the bottom right corner. A small popup window will open with Read receipts option. Select it. It will add a footnote to the mail- The sender has requested a read receipt.
Does Gmail automatically send read receipts?
By default, no, Gmail does not automatically send read receipts for personal users (or for business users either). If you want to be notified of when your email is opened by a recipient, we have a free service called Free Email Tracker that will tell you when your emails are opened.
How can you tell if an email has been read in Gmail?
How to Tell If a Gmail Email Has Been Read
- Log in to your Google Apps for Business, Education or Government account.
- Compose an email message as you normally would.
- Click on the “Request Read Receipt” box.
- Click “Send.” Gmail will request read receipts from the contacts you listed in the “To” and “Cc” fields.
Can’t find read receipt in Gmail?
If you use a gmail.com account, read receipts won’t work. To find out when an email you sent was opened, you can request a read receipt.
Request or return a read receipt
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- Click Compose.
- Compose your email as you normally would.
- At the bottom left, click More options.
- Send your message.