How do you politely ask for donations?
When asking for donations in person, keep these tips in mind:
- Do research beforehand.
- Form a strong relationship before you make your ask.
- Meet them where they are.
- Practice your pitch.
- Communicate in a variety of ways.
- Be genuine, direct, and specific.
- Be prepared for rejections.
- Say thank you more than once.
How do I get in kind donations?
In-person asks should be carefully crafted and authentic. Let the business know the details of the event and inform them about your need for in-kind donations. Be positive and prepared. Have all marketing materials related to the event and a donation request form with you.
What are examples of in kind donations?
In-kind contributions are donations of goods, services or time — instead of cash. Tangible goods include things like equipment, books, cars, clothing, furniture and supplies. Goods may also be intangible, such as advertising, patents, royalties and copyrights. Goods may be used, surplus, brand new or even loaned.