Is it tacky to ask for gift cards for a bridal shower?
It’s kind of tacky, honestly.
A shower is traditionally thrown to ‘shower’ the couple with gifts for their new/combined home.
That’s kind of pointless with gift cards or money.
And it’s always rude to ask for money, I don’t care what Honeyfund tells you.
How do you ask for gift cards on an invitation?
Write “Gifts would be appreciated” on the invitation
A straight to the point way would be to write it in a small print at the bottom of the invitation. The way you word it is very important. Use words like, “gifts would be appreciated”. Or state the type of gift for example “Gift cards would be appreciated”.
How do you politely ask for money as a bridal shower gift?
How to Ask for Money Instead of Gifts for a Wedding
- Use a Cash Registry Website.
- Never Ask for Cash on Your Wedding Invitation.
- Be Specific About How You’ll Use the Cash.
- Ask Your Parents and Wedding Party to Spread the Word.
- Set up a Traditional Registry.
- Set Out a Box for Cards at the Reception.
- Ideally, Checks Should Be Made Out to Both Of You.
How do you ask for gift cards instead of gifts for baby shower?
List gift cards as an option on the baby shower invitation. Instead of asking for only gift cards (or gift certificates) on the invitation, place a one-line note near the bottom of the invite stating that gift cards are welcome.