How can I raise money for a funeral?
Pair these ideas with your crowdfunding campaign and raise more money for funeral expenses and memorial funds.
- Host a Memorial Dinner.
- Sell Merchandise that Celebrates Your Loved One.
- Hold a Balloon or Lantern Release.
- Hold a Commemorative Potluck.
- Hold a Tree Planting Event.
- Compile and Sell Recipe Books.
- Give Hug-a-Grams.
How do you ask for donations instead of flowers for a funeral?
When the notations “in lieu of flowers, please…” or “contributions to xyz would be appreciated” appear in an obituary, take your cue from the request. You may still send flowers in addition, but if you wish to send only one expression of sympathy, however, follow the family’s wishes and choose the contribution.
How do you ask for donations?
When asking for donations in person, keep these tips in mind:
- Do research beforehand.
- Form a strong relationship before you make your ask.
- Meet them where they are.
- Practice your pitch.
- Communicate in a variety of ways.
- Be genuine, direct, and specific.
- Be prepared for rejections.
- Say thank you more than once.