How do you ask a professor to add you to a full class?
Drop/Add and Email Etiquette
- Use the course name and title in your subject.
- Address your email “Dear Professor ___”.
- Include your major, class year, and whether you need this course to graduate.
- Briefly discuss what you can bring to the class, not just what the class will do for you.
- Keep it simple.
- Indicate your plan from here on.
How do I ask my professor for his class?
Ask about the class, express your interest, ask for a copy of the syllabus, discuss the material. Express interest and enthusiasm. Then, when registration completes if you did not get in, go back to see the professor and politely see if anything can be worked out.
How do you get into a class that is full?
If the course you need is closed, you may still be able to find a way in.
- Try an off-peak time.
- Come up with a really good reason why you need the course.
- Consider waiting until summer.
- Try a nearby school.
- Look for an online substitution.
- Find another course to satisfy the requirement.
Can an instructor drop you from a class?
Can an instructor drop or withdraw me from a class? Yes, in certain situations instructors may: Give your spot in the class to another student if you don’t attend the first day.