How do you ask for a reference by email?
Include your contact information: Include your email address and phone number in your message, so it’s easy for the person to respond and to follow up, if they have questions. Remember to say thank you: Conclude your request by thanking the reference provider for his or her consideration.
How do I ask my boss for a reference?
How to Ask Your Current Employer For a Reference
- Consider whether the opportunity is worth the risk. When you ask your manager for a reference, you leave no doubt that you’re planning to move on.
- See if there are any other options.
- Be direct and respectful.
- Be open to your manager’s response.
- Don’t feel bad about it.
How do you reference someone?
- Be honest about what you are and are not willing to say to the recruiter.
- Ask the candidate to refresh your memory about his top accomplishments and contributions if you haven’t worked together in awhile.
- Convey enthusiasm about your colleague and her ability to do the job well.