How do you ask someone about their job?
Here are our top ten questions to ask.
- What do you love about your job?
- What’s the best career decision you’ve ever made?
- What’s the worst career decision you’ve ever made?
- What would you be doing if you were me now?
- How do you organise your time?
- What do you think is your greatest strength?
Is it rude to ask someone what they do?
Yes it’s rude. A question like that can be discomforting for you making you feel intimidated like being in the witness stand in a Federal Court. He or She may judge you according to your answer and many people use this arrogant tactic to size people up whether or not they feel they are worthy to associate with them.
When someone asks you what you do for a living?
What to say when People ask you what you do for a Living
- Answer the question with another question. When someone asks you about your line of work, a great response is to try to relate what you do to their situation.
- Stop talking, and wait for a response. We often don’t give silence nearly enough credit.
- Avoid the temptation to have the full conversation.
How do you ask if someone is okay?
Take a friendly yet concerned approach.
- Say, “I’m concerned about you and want to know if you’re doing okay.”
- Nonverbal cues can help communicate your concern. Sit facing them and make eye contact when you speak. It if feels appropriate, you could place a hand on their shoulder to let them know you care.