When should you ask someone to be your bridesmaid?
The best rule is to ask your friends and family members to be your bridesmaids anywhere between a year to eight months before your wedding. That will give them enough time to plan the bachelorette party and get their dresses. Any less time may not be enough for them to be able to make the commitment.
Do you have to ask someone to be a bridesmaid if they asked you?
No, you don’t need to ask her to be a Bridesmaid or Best Man. Perhaps you could ask her to be a personal attendant or do a reading during the ceremony. It sounds like you’re looking for a smaller wedding party; she’ll understand especially if you have friends whom you’re closer with or have known for longer.
How do you tell someone they aren’t a bridesmaid?
So Let’s Set Things Straight… You’re Not a Bridesmaid
- Don’t Be Too Blunt.
- Be Truthful, But Not Too Truthful.
- Talk about How Much You Value Her and Why You Value Her.
- Invite Her to Other Wedding Events.
- Assign Her a Different Role (Only If You Want To)
- Listen To Her and Empathize, but Stand Your Ground.