How do you ask if he has STD?
There’s no way to tell by looking if a person has an STD — even people who have STDs sometimes don’t know it.
If you’ve had sex before, you and your boyfriend can get tested together at a local health clinic like Planned Parenthood.
Or you can offer to go with your boyfriend for support if he wants.
Is it rude to ask if someone has an STD?
If you ask people if they’ve been tested for STDs, they’re likely to say yes. Many of them will be wrong. Doctors are sometimes reluctant to test other STDs, such as syphilis or trichomoniasis, unless you have symptoms or know that you have been exposed. Still, it never hurts to ask for the tests you want.
How do you talk about STDs?
Here are some ideas for getting the conversation started:
- Just ask. Don’t beat around the bush.
- Get tested. Since it’s just as possible that you have an STD you aren’t aware of, get tested.
- Share your own history. Not everyone has a clean bill of health.
- Discuss prevention.
- Don’t place blame.
How do you ask a one night stand if they have STDs?
The Least Awkward Way to Bring Up STDs With Your One-Night Stand
- First, know your own status for chrissakes.
- Then bring it up, whatever that status is.
- Be prepared with what you do and don’t want to expose yourself to.
- FYI, having an STI doesn’t exempt you from getting to have casual sex.
- Read This Next: Why Are We All giving Each Other STDs?