How do I upgrade my rental property?
8 Rental Property Upgrades That Pay Off
- Lay out the welcome mat with landscaping.
- Replace the front door.
- Add a fresh coat of paint.
- Upgrade your appliances.
- Add new shutters or curtains.
- Shed a little light.
- Restore your floors.
- Keep it clean.
Can you ask landlord for a new mattress?
Yes ask for one, they may charge you but if you get it repaired or replaced on your own coin then they may charge you for a faulty repair or for the missing mattress. So whatever you do ask the landlord first. Unless it’s in your tenancy agreement there is no duty for a landlord to replace your mattress.
How do I get my landlord to pay for an apartment renovation?
How to Get Your Landlord to Pay for Renovations
- Renovate Your Apartment on Your Landlord’s Dime.
- Establish yourself as an exemplary tenant.
- Point out unreasonable living conditions in writing.
- Keep a record of your communications.
- Do the leg work for your landlord.
- Figure out the payment before the renovation begins.
- Offer to do some renovations yourself.
How do you convince your landlord to let you paint?
Landlords often paint their properties in shades of white or gray, which are great colors to choose because they are easy to maintain, and they make rental units easier to show.
3. Do a Good Job
- Acknowledge good work. Recognize a good thing when you see it.
- Allow them to nest.
- Put it in writing.