Should I ask for a referral on LinkedIn?
Never directly ask for a referral. That could put the person on the spot and make the situation uncomfortable. Instead, ask whether they might be able to refer you, or whether they know enough about your work history to feel comfortable referring you.
How do you ask for a referral?
Tips for Asking for Referrals
- Make referrals part of your initial conversation. When you start work with a new customer, ask them to agree to a simple deal.
- Cash in those compliments.
- Set goals.
- Be specific.
- Offer exceptional service.
- Don’t accept just any referral.
- Develop a referral system.
How do I approach someone on LinkedIn?
Follow these five rules, and you’ll be on your way to turning your LinkedIn connections into the job or internship of your dreams!
- Put Your “Ask” in the Subject Line.
- Be as Specific as Humanly Possible.
- Make it Easy to Get to “Know” You.
- Make it Easy to Forward Your Info.
- Let Them Know if Someone Reaches Out to You.