How do I get a tattoo apprenticeship?
How Do I Become a Tattoo Artist? What Steps Do I Take?
- Be an artist. This is the first and most important step.
- Build a portfolio.
- Find a certified tattoo artist-mentor who will take you on as an apprentice.
- Learn the trade.
- Get certified.
- Find a shop to work in.
Is it hard to get a tattoo apprenticeship?
Finding a piercing apprenticeship can be just as difficult as finding one with a tattoo artist, but the requirements are a little different. You’re not going to be expected to have the same artistic talent, so you won’t need a portfolio. You do, however, still need to attract the attention of your potential mentor.
How much do tattoo apprentices get paid?
|Salary Range (Percentile)|
1 more row
How do you ask for an apprenticeship?
6 Tips That Will Help You Get An Apprenticeship
- Tip #1: Get training in high school.
- Tip #2: Complete a pre-apprenticeship training program.
- Tip #3: Work as a general labourer.
- Tip #4: Cold call local businesses.
- Tip #5: Go to the union hall.
- Tip #6: Build your network.