Below are some helpful tips to convince your boss to give you that bonus you deserve.
- Schedule a good time to speak with your boss. Find the most optimal time to sit down with your manager to discuss your bonus.
- Prepare your case.
- Sharpen your skills.
- Take initiative.
- Play it cool.
- Aim high.
- Don’t be pushy.
Can you ask your boss for a bonus?
If you’ve already asked your coworkers about bonus timing and your bonus is definitely overdue, then it is appropriate to politely inquire about it to your boss. An initial email inquiry may work best and can come across as less demanding than an in-person approach.
How do you ask your boss why you didn’t get a bonus?
Here are some ways to handle when you don’t get the raise or bonus that you were led to believe would be heading your way:
- Stay calm and professional.
- Request a meeting.
- Suggest alternatives.
- Check back in a couple of months.
- Focus on your own future.
- Explore Other Job Opportunities.
How do you politely ask for a signing bonus?
Negotiate a Stunning Signing Bonus With These 5 Tips
- Wait for an official offer. This applies to any kind of salary negotiation, including signing bonuses: Let the hiring manager be the first to bring up the topic of money.
- Do your research.
- Broach the subject.
- Don’t make it all or nothing.
- Read the fine print.