How do I ask an alumni for a referral?
- Introduce yourself and include your school year and major.
- Explain how you got the person’s contact information.
- Be specific with what you’re asking for from the person.
- Attach your resume.
How do you ask an acquaintance for a referral?
Reference to job you’re interested in, as well as the names of the hiring organization and the mutual connection. Offer options for how your acquaintance might help you. Try to include something that may be helpful to her, as well. Attach both an updated resume and cover letter.
How do you ask for a referral in an email?
Here’s how to make the ask, whether you’re in sales, customer service, or just looking to grow your company.
- Build Value First. You can certainly ask for customer referrals immediately after closing the deal—but we wouldn’t recommend it.
- Ask, “Who Do You Like?”
- Offer Incentives.
- Return the Favor.
- Send an Email.
How do you ask for a referral example?
Here’s an example:
- Hello [Customer name], I’m so glad to hear you’re happy with the results of working with [Your company name] so far.
- [Referral], I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it before, but I’ve been working with [CSM name] for a few months.
- Dear [Referral Source],
How do you ask someone to pass your resume?
Ask how the person is doing. If appropriate, engage in small talk, but don’t waste her time. Explain what position you’re seeking and that you could use some help getting your resume to the right person. Ask if he can help pass your resume to the appropriate person.