How do you negotiate salary after receiving a job offer?
How to Negotiate Salary After You Get a Job Offer
- DO familiarize yourself with industry salary trends.
- DON’T fail to build your case.
- DON’T stretch the truth.
- DO factor in non-salary benefits.
- DON’T wing it.
- DO know when to wrap it up.
- DON’T forget to get everything in writing.
- DON’T make it only about you.
Can you lose a job offer by negotiating salary?
When you receive a job offer, you might hesitate to negotiate salary and benefits because you don’t want to risk losing the offer. Many employers expect salary negotiations, however, so as long as you handle the situation appropriately, you shouldn’t lose what’s already on the table.
How do you ask for a higher starting salary?
You can and should negotiate for a better starting salary, and here’s how.
- Do your research.
- Ask additional questions.
- Take the time to think through the offer.
- Show off a little.
- Always ask for more.
- Think beyond money.
- Get everything on paper.
How do you haggle salary?
Salary Negotiation Tips 21-31Making the Ask
- Put Your Number Out First.
- Ask for More Than What You Want.
- Don’t Use a Range.
- Be Kind But Firm.
- Focus on Market Value.
- Prioritize Your Requests.
- But Don’t Mention Personal Needs.
- Ask for Advice.