How do you ask for a connection to put in a good word?
How to Ask a Connection to Put in a Good Word (Without Being Awkward)
- Choose someone who can make an introduction.
- Highlight your connection.
- Find the best method for getting an “in”
- Be specific with your request.
- Give them an “out”
- Be sure to say thank you!
How do you ask someone to recommend you for a job?
You can ask for a referral by sending an old-fashioned letter, an email message, or a message on a networking site like LinkedIn or Facebook. Whichever way you chose, it’s better to ask in writing than over the phone. That way, the potential referrer has time to think over if and how they can refer you for a job.
How do you ask for connections?
How to ask your network for help
- Prioritize your connections. Think about your current career goals, taking into account the industry, the line of work, and the employers in which you’re interested.
- Be specific.
- Ask for a call, not a coffee date.
- Sample networking messages.
- Don’t ask for a job.
- Say thank you.
How do you ask someone to push your resume?
Ask how the person is doing. If appropriate, engage in small talk, but don’t waste her time. Explain what position you’re seeking and that you could use some help getting your resume to the right person. Ask if he can help pass your resume to the appropriate person.