Do you have to ask someone to be your mentor?
Do not ask someone to be your mentor in your introductory email or in your first meeting. You may need to meet a few times and get to know them, learn about their current career and goals before asking them to be your mentor.
What are good questions to ask a mentor?
Questions to Ask a Mentor
- What’s the best advice you can give to help plan a career rather than simply work to keep a job?
- How do you encourage innovative ideas?
- How would you describe your personal style?
- Do you have a mentor?
- What do you do to constantly challenge your underlying beliefs and assumptions?
How do you introduce yourself to a mentor email?
1) Introduce yourself, your year of training, hospital. 2) Basic information about your background: hometown/ educational background/ family. 3) Briefly describe your career aspirations and goals in fellowship. 4) Identify one or two questions/ areas of guidance for your mentor to help you with.