How do I ask for relocation assistance?
Your preparation for this negotiation should include the following:
- Ask your new employer’s HR department if the company has a written relocation policy or if it offers standard benefits.
- Find out who at the company has recently moved, and ask about their relocation packages.
What should I ask for in a relocation package?
What’s Included in a Job Relocation Package?
- The Cost of a House-Finding Trip. The company may cover the costs of traveling to the new location to find a suitable home.
- Home Sales / Home Buying.
- Job Search Help.
- Temporary Housing.
- Full Pack / Unpack.
- Storage Unit Rental.
How much is the average relocation package?
“An average relocation package costs $21,033. (Figure 16) While smaller companies, in general, provide less valuable packages – averaging $10,971 – there are exceptions. Some small companies offer highly competitive packages.
How do you negotiate a relocation package?
How to Negotiate a Relocation Package
- Estimate the cost of your move.
- Research the cost of living in your new area and make sure your salary is up to par.
- Think about the unique costs you’ll incur by moving.
How much should I ask for relocation assistance?
Whatever you think it’ll cost, it’ll probably cost more. According to the Worldwide ERC®, in 2012 companies spent an average of $19,303 to move a new hire renter and $70,000 to move a new hire homeowner. This isn’t a time to be shy about asking for help. Besides, you’ll never know what you can get until you ask.
What jobs offer relocation assistance?
Here are 12 jobs open now that are offering relocation assistance along with a host of other benefits and perks!
- Pediatric Occupational Therapist, My Left Foot Children’s Therapy.
- Automotive Technician, Maple Hill Auto Group.
- Student Ministry Resident, Sagebrush Community Church.
- Drafter, Ariel Corporation.
What is a generous relocation package?
As prior stated, a relocation package is a package provided to your employees to cover the costs of relocating to a different city. Potential employees will appreciate a generous relocation package, but sometimes that might not be in your company’s financial reach.
What is the average relocation allowance?
First, a baseline on what companies (read: your competition) spend on relocation: “An average relocation package costs $21,033. (Figure 16) While smaller companies, in general, provide less valuable packages – averaging $10,971 – there are exceptions.
How much time should I ask for relocation?
3-4 weeks is typical for relocation that crosses many timezones. Ask for a house hunting trip as part of the offer/relo package. Some companies hire relocation specialists that help out a lot, too.
How much time do companies give for relocation?