For Christmas presents
- Call them and tell them directly. You can call up all your friends and family and politely request no Christmas gifts this year and say that you would prefer an experience instead.
- Send out a wish list.
- Spread the word.
- Use advertisement pamphlets.
How do you politely ask for no toys?
There is no better and more effective way to ask for no toys than to say it – either written in the invitation or verbal. Try this: “If you want to give a gift to our child, we prefer books, clothes, gift cards, school stuff, or shoes instead of playthings .”
What can I give instead of toys?
31+ Non-Toy Gift Ideas for Children
- Tickets to an event. One of my favorite birthday presents growing up was when my dad took me to the symphony.
- Magazine subscriptions.
- Dress up clothes.
- Repurposed play food & kitchen items.
- Their own travel supplies.
- Monthly mail.
What can I give instead of gifts?
Here are some of the best experience gifts to give:
- Children’s theater season passes.
- Gift card to restaurant for the family.
- Trampoline jump passes.
- Zoo membership.
- Full session for new sport (gymnastics, football camp, etc.)
- Trip to the bookstore to pick out new books.
- Local + national state park passes for a year.
How do I give an experience for a gift?
$ experience gifts:
- coffee: The gift of coffee is a great one.
- ice cream: A trip to the ice cream parlor is another simple gift.
- hike: Grab a friend for an afternoon, pack some homemade granola, and get out in nature.
- picnic: Head to a park for the afternoon and enjoy some tasty homemade treats.