15 Tips on How to Convince Investors to Invest in your Business
- Have a Business Plan.
- Show to the investor that there is a high demand for your product or service.
- Show results first.
- Ask for advice.
- Pitch a return on investment.
- Join a startup accelerator.
- Follow through.
- Key into online fund raising market.
How do you convince someone to invest in your business?
How to Convince People to Invest In Your Startup
- Start small — trivially small — and then build up.
- Make three people love you. Then 10. Then 100.
- Ask for advice, not money.
- Be authentic.
- Consider an equity crowdfunding campaign when the time is right.
- Leverage the ‘social proof’ from crowdfunding.
How do you ask an investor for money?
Here are the parameters you should use in sizing your request—and be able to explain in justifying your request to investors:
- Consider implied ownership cost.
- Type of investor.
- Company stage.
- Calculate what you need, and add a buffer.
- Investment terms.
- Single or staged delivery.
- Use of funds.
How do I get people to fund my business?
Consider them as a guide while looking to fund your business in the following five ways:
- Boostrapping. In the idea/experimental stage, use your own financial resources, such as money from a savings account or careful use of personal credit cards.
- Friends and Family.
- Angel Investors.
- Bank Loan/Venture Capital.