What is the best way to ask for a raise?
8 Managers Share The Best Way To Ask For A Raise (And Get It)
- Share your goals and ask for feedback.
- Proactively communicate wins.
- Demonstrate your accomplishments and added value.
- Focus on why you deserve it (not why you need it).
- Practice your pitch and anticipate questions.
- Do your research.
- Talk about the future.
- Be prepared to hear no.
What to say to ask for a raise?
Here’s an example script for asking for a raise: Thank you for taking the time to meet with me today. In my current role, I’m excited to keep working towards key company goals and grow my personal responsibilities. As a result, I’d like to discuss my salary.
How do you ask for a salary increase example?
Before you send a letter asking for a salary increase, make sure the timing is right. For example, if you know the company is doing well, your boss is pleased with your work, and sufficient time has elapsed (at least a year or more, depending on company culture) since your last salary raise, then all signs point to go.