How do you ask someone to write a recommendation on LinkedIn?
To request a recommendation from your profile:
- Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Select View profile.
- Scroll down to the Recommendations section and click Ask to be recommended.
- Type the name of the connection you’d like to ask for a recommendation in the Who do you want to ask?
How do you ask someone for a recommendation?
Ask a teacher (or two) who knows you well and in whose class you excelled. The better relationship you have with your recommender, the more insightful your recommendation letter will be. It helps if the teacher is known to be a strong writer, too! Request your reference letters in person.
How do I sort LinkedIn recommendations?
Re-Ordering Your LinkedIn Recommendations
- Scroll down to your Recommendations section. Click on the pencil to the right of your screen next to “Ask to be recommended.”
- Hover over the recommendation that you want to move. Click on the arrow to the right and drag the Recommendation to where you want it.
- Remember that recommendations hold a great deal of power.