What do you say when asking for a daughter’s hand in marriage?
Start out by saying a sentence or two about your love for their daughter. Then say something about why you feel now is the time to move the relationship to the next level and follow it by asking for their blessing. For example, you might say, “As you know, I love your daughter very much.
How do I ask my girlfriends dad for her hand in marriage?
Here’s how to talk to your girlfriend’s father about getting married:
- Make sure you and your GF are on the same page about marriage.
- Meet the parents first if you can.
- Have a man-to-man conversation with her dad.
- Explain your wish to marry his daughter.
- Ask for his blessing to propose marriage.
- Now it’s time to PROPOSE!
How do you ask for a blessing?
Ready to Propose? 9 Tips for Asking Her Parents for Their Blessing
- Do it in person. If at all possible, make this a face-to-face meeting.
- Call ahead.
- Keep things positive.
- Be respectful.
- Have several talking points.
- Bring the ring!
- Know about your future plans.
- Remind them how much you love their daughter.
Do you ask the father before proposing?
You absolutely have to ask her father for permission before proposing. If you don’t, your failure to do so will haunt you forever.