How do I request a child support review?
How Do I Request a Review?
If you have an active/open child support case, you can submit an official Request for Review of your court-ordered amount.
You must download, complete, and mail the “Request for Review” form to the Child Support Division.
How do I request more child support?
Asking the court to change a child support order
- Fill out your court forms.
- Have your forms reviewed.
- Make at least 2 copies of all your forms.
- File your forms with the court clerk.
- Get your court date.
- Serve your papers on the other parent (and the LCSA if involved)
- File your proof of service.
- Go to your court hearing.
How can I get out of paying child support?
- Visit your nearest family court (or the one that issued your current child support order).
- Speak to the county clerk at the courthouse and request the appropriate paperwork to cease child support payments.
- Fill out that paperwork and file with the courthouse.
How much child support can I get?
On the basic rate, if you’re paying for: One child, you’ll pay 12% of your gross weekly income. Two children, you’ll pay 16% of your gross weekly income. Three or more children, you’ll pay 19% of your gross weekly income.