How do I tell my boss I want to work part time?
How to Tell Your Boss You Need to Work Part-Time
- 1 | Assess your options.
- 2 | Consider the company climate.
- 3 | Make yourself invaluable.
- 4 | Ask for more than you need.
- 5 | Address potential pitfalls upfront.
- 6 | Request a short-term commitment only.
- 8 | Plan for the process to take time.
- 9 | Know your limit.
Can I ask my employer to work part time?
If you do want to alter your full-time working contract to a part-time one, you could approach your employer on an informal basis. Your employer must then seriously consider your request for working flexibly, which could include reduced or changed hours, or working from home.
How do you negotiate a part time job?
Here’s how you can negotiate a part-time salary.
- Make sure you’re making minimum wage. Sponsored.
- Understand how your company views part-time workers. Educate yourself on the company you work for or are considering working for.
- Show your boss what you’re worth.
- Use your skills and experience to your advantage.
Can an employer deny part time?
“You aren’t owed overtime because you’re a part-time employee.” Employers can’t deny overtime to part-time workers who work more than 40 hours in a week simply because they aren’t considered by the company to be regular, full-time workers.