Should you ask permission to marry?
This, and presenting an engagement ring and having your father give you away on your wedding day. However, people are still unsure whether they should ask for permission to marry. A piece in the Metro, suggested that if your partner asks your Dad for ‘permission’ then you shouldn’t marry them.
How do I ask my father’s permission to marry his daughter?
Here’s how to talk to your girlfriend’s father about getting married:
- Make sure you and your GF are on the same page about marriage.
- Meet the parents first if you can.
- Have a man-to-man conversation with her dad.
- Explain your wish to marry his daughter.
- Ask for his blessing to propose marriage.
- Now it’s time to PROPOSE!
Do you have to ask the father to marry his daughter?
You don’t want to get your girlfriend’s father’s blessing to marry his daughter, just to have his daughter turn you down when you propose. 2. Try to meet him before you ask. If it’s possible, try to meet your girlfriend’s parents a few times before you decide you want to marry her.
Do I have to ask the father before proposing?
You absolutely have to ask her father for permission before proposing. If you don’t, your failure to do so will haunt you forever.