What do you say when you ask your parents for a blessing?
Start out by saying a sentence or two about your love for their daughter. Then say something about why you feel now is the time to move the relationship to the next level and follow it by asking for their blessing. For example, you might say, “As you know, I love your daughter very much.
How do you ask for her father’s blessing?
Here’s how to talk to your girlfriend’s father about getting married:
- Make sure you and your GF are on the same page about marriage.
- Meet the parents first if you can.
- Have a man-to-man conversation with her dad.
- Explain your wish to marry his daughter.
- Ask for his blessing to propose marriage.
- Now it’s time to PROPOSE!
Do you ask for blessing before or after proposing?
One of the most nerve-racking engagement customs is the tradition of the person planning on proposing to ask their partner’s parents for a blessing before the actual engagement. This can feel like a high pressure, high stakes situation that could make even the most confident person filled to the brim with nerves.
Do you ask the father before proposing?
You absolutely have to ask her father for permission before proposing. If you don’t, your failure to do so will haunt you forever.
When should you ask for parents blessing?
You can ask for a blessing after being engaged, but permission the asking needs to be done before the engagement happens. I’d suggest he asks reasonably close to when he wants to propose so that your parents are not left knowing why he is taking forever lol.
How do you ask for someone’s blessing?
Ready to Propose? 9 Tips for Asking Her Parents for Their Blessing
- Do it in person. If at all possible, make this a face-to-face meeting.
- Call ahead.
- Keep things positive.
- Be respectful.
- Have several talking points.
- Bring the ring!
- Know about your future plans.
- Remind them how much you love their daughter.