What can you do instead of birthday presents?
8 Birthday Gift Alternatives
- Book swap. One year, Laurel attended a birthday party where the gift request was to bring a wrapped book (used or new) for a book swap.
- Puzzle swap.
- Handmade only.
- Charitable gifts.
- Time together.
- Support a local business.
- Contribution to a collectibles project.
- Simply no gifts.
How do you ask for money in lieu of gifts?
How to Ask for Money Instead of Gifts for a Wedding
- Use a Cash Registry Website.
- Never Ask for Cash on Your Wedding Invitation.
- Be Specific About How You’ll Use the Cash.
- Ask Your Parents and Wedding Party to Spread the Word.
- Set up a Traditional Registry.
- Set Out a Box for Cards at the Reception.
- Ideally, Checks Should Be Made Out to Both Of You.
How do you say not to bring gifts?
You can say something like, “Tony and I would prefer that guests don’t bring gifts. We feel blessed enough that you’re choosing to spend the day with us.” You can also choose to give an excuse like, “Tony and I don’t have room for a lot of wedding gifts, so we’d rather guests gift us with their presence.”
How do you ask for donations instead of wedding gifts?
Do not ask your guests to donate a specific amount of money. Instead, allow them to choose how much they can give and offer to help them make the donation. Offer them the option of donating anonymously.